Friday, October 19, 2007

Now for some scrappy stuff. :) I picked up the HOF edition of CK. Hate paying that much for a magazine but I was too lazy to go get a Sunday paper, hence no coupon. Anyway, there was a lot of inspiration in there, and it makes we want to play!!!!! One of my goals is to better about my journaling. I know what the pics mean to me, but I am not too great at conveying the message to
the rest of the world thru mu LO's. That's the main reason for the blog. I can sit down and type out what's in my head, and it'll be there when I sit down with the pics and the yummy paper.

So I had several ideas for layouts today:
(did ya really think the subject of dogs wasn't going to leak into the scrappy stuff? They're perfect subjects for a LO...they don't roll their eyes when you try to get a shot, or give you a goofy smile. They 're exactly them. All the time.) Anyway-

I was watching Sadie digging under the barbq pit to get at whatever she smells under there and thinking about how tenacious she is and how, despite the fact that she's got the attention span of a gnat (particularly when working on her stays at the door), she did some major problem solving. I watched her figure out how to move a huge brick off two others to get at whatever it was she wanted to get. I know she's no Lassie, but it was cool to watch.

So I've had this saved in word for a few weeks, and I think with some tweaking it'll make for
good journaling: okay, it's not in word , which means that it's in some notebook somewhere which shows why I am so glad I started this blog. I'll come back to it.

The other idea I had was to do one of those everyday kinda LO's. You know, documenting my daily existence, which included steam cleaning the carpet only to come home and find that Winnie threw up while I was shopping for groceries. He has the whole flippin' house to himself (all other dogs are "put up") and where does he throw up? You guessed it! On the clean carpet!!!
Aaaargh! This is my life.

Now, I know I signed up for the job, and I wouldn't have it any other way, but no where in the job description did it say that I'd have to steam clean the carpet twice in one day, make a minimum of 8 snacks a day (my kids are on different schedules) re-wash the laundry that was never worn by my 12yr. old daughter because it's easier to put it in the hamper than hang it back up....etc. You get the picture. I know. I know. My life is blessed. It truly is. I just wish Winston would quit blessing me so often.

Anyway, back to scrappy stuff and HOF. While I am awed by the talent of the HOF'ers, I actually found myself more drawn to the LO's done by the HM's. I'm not a real linear scrapper, so I guess that's why. It seemed that a lot of the layouts done by the 25 ladies that won the title
were more linear.

Okay, just so you don't think I'm obsessed only with my dogs, I'll share the other loves in my life. I hope this turns out well-so far I've messed up every single post. Okay...here goes:

Apparently, they ended up at the top rather than where I wanted them. Oh, well. The point is that they're there...my two loves. Now, if I can find a pic of the hubby...not an easy task. Think I'll go play with paper now!

No comments: